INDICATION FOR EXTRACTION OF PERMANENT
1. Grossly decayed teeth which cannot be
saved by conservative procedures, Roots and fragments.
2. Teeth that are foci of infection. Teeth
with non-vital pulp, where root canal is not possible.
3. In case of severe periodontoclasia in
which excessive bony support of the teeth is destroyed.
4. Teeth in line of radiation therapy.
5. Teeth mechanically interfering with
placement of restorative appliances.
6. Impacted or unerupted teeth.,
Supernumerary teeth, Retained deciduous teeth.
7. Tooth with fractured roots.
8. Malposed teeth not amenable to
9. Teeth traumatizing soft tissues.
10. Teeth associated with cysts and other
INDICATION FOR EXTRACTION OF DECIDUOUS TEETH
1. Extensive decay resulting in death of the
dental pulp. and where pulpotomy and pulpectomy impossible.
2. Deciduous teeth interfering with the
normal eruption and alignment of their permanent successor.
3. Sinus opening through mucoperiosteal
4. Evidence of periapical infection.
5.When the root is fractured as a result of
6. Supernumerary teeth.
POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Keep the sponge held firmly between your jaw and over
the operative site for full half an hour.
2. Do not use mouthwash for six hours after
oral surgery; vigorous use of mouthwash may stimulate
3. In case of mild bleeding place lukewarm
water in the mouth. In case of severe bleeding place a warn
soaked tea bag over the bleeding and cover it with gauze
biting firmly and call your dentist.
4. In case of swelling and followed by
discoloration, patient need not worry because itís an
absolutely normal event.
5. Pain in case or afterwards of surgical
procedure is a normal phenomenon. Post operative pain can be
controlled by taking medicine. If severe pain develops
accompanied by bad taste then return to your dentist for this
6. To control swelling which develops post
operatively apply ice pack or towels wrung out of ice water.
Day after operation apply heat to your face.
7. Rigid cleanliness is necessary of the
remaining teeth. Mouth wash in a glass of lukewarm water. This
8. Avoid meat and food difficult to
masticate for a few days. Eat plenty of fruits and drink eight
to ten glasses of water, fruit juice and other fluids daily.